Inspired by minimal design and made of U.S tanned English Bridle leather, our mid-size messenger bag is a unique take on an old classic. The distinctive design, coupled with a look that’s only achievable by hand, makes for a highly durable bag that will last a lifetime.
The perfect size for a MacBook air, and with enough room to spare for paperwork or books, this bag is a great everyday companion. And with minimal care, the rich leather finish is extremely durable and rigid, intended to last a lifetime.
• 7-8oz U.S. tanned Bridle leather with a smooth finish, but will yet retain its durability and form even under years of heavy use.
• Solid brass hardware (with choice of finish) that feature excellent build quality regarding both feel and thickness.
• 1 outer pocket (width: 8” height: 5.75”); 1 inner pocket pocket (width 9″: height: 6″); and one double card holder (for credit, metro, or business-sized cards).
• 1.25″ wide shoulder strap with shoulder pad.
14.5″ bag measurements:
• Outer dimensions: height: 10”, width: 14.5”, depth: 3” (3.5″ full).
• Inner dimensions: height: 9.5”, width: 13.5”, depth: 3″ (full).
15.25″ bag measurements:
• Outer dimensions: width: 15.25”, height: 11.5″, depth: 3” (3.5″ full).
• Inner dimensions: width: 14.75”, height: 11”, depth: 3″ (full).
Paul MacIntyre (verified owner) –
Beautiful bag, excellent customer service!
– I recently ordered this bag in natural, and was very impressed by the craftsmanship, the quality of materials, and the prompt, informative correspondence with Basader (I was not the easiest of customers in that regard!). Stitching is immaculate (they use polyester thread, which is top notch). Leather is beautiful and thick. Edges are nicely cut and clean all around. Very nice hardware: discrete, strong, and good looking.
– The overall silhouette and design of the bag is terrific. I’m a big fan of the straps attached to the back of the bag (this helps to retain the shape of the bag I find). The bag sits beautifully on a table, and balances wonderfully on the hip. The strap is great, and the shoulder pad is excellent.
– Note on the natural leather: I knew it would darken up with use, but was pleasantly surprised at how quickly this occurred. Just a few days in the early summer sun has turned the bag into a nice rich warm brown. I look forward to watching it as it evolves!
– Note on the Conway buckles: they are terrific. I was a bit unsure of what I’d think of them as I’ve never seen them on a bag like this before, but they are great. They hold tight as they should, and are very easy to open (faster than typical buckles–only one pull-up motion). It takes a bit longer to close them, about as long as a typical buckle. Overall, very happy with them!
– I only have one criticism, and it’s the only thing preventing me from giving it a full five stars (would give it 4.5 if I could): the bottom of the bag is made out of an additional strip of leather sewn on rather than one continuous strip from the sides of the bag (excluding straps, the bag is made of 6 pieces of leather). I find this a bit troublesome, and wished Basader had included photos of the bottom of the bag so I knew what I was getting. In other images I’ve found online of their other bags, the bottom was seamless, so I was unhappy to see this in my bag. The less seams the better in my opinion for both durability and aesthetics, so I find this a disappointment. This may not bother other customers, but for me it’s the only glaring flaw from an otherwise near-perfect bag. When everything else is so great, it stands out as odd.
– Overall, great bag!
(1) (1) Watch Unwatch